The Forgotten Hero Collection promotional card set was released on February 1, 2018. It marks the end of the Forgotten Hero tutorial storyline and contains 12 new cards (three copies each). The cards set can be purchased for $9.99 or 1500 gold. The collection is a must-have for new starters as it contains some pretty powerful cards. The Forgotten Hero Collection also provides the basis for viable Singleton decks. Every now and then, Bethesda will be running Singleton Gauntlets, where players compete with each other’s best singleton decks. Most (if not all) such decks run these three cards, as they provide great value.
- Bleakcost Troll certainly one of the most powerful creatures in the game for 4 magicka that has made it into many, many ladder and tournament decks,
- Cast Into Time a great control card to remove single threats permanently from play,
- Cradlecrush Giant a great lane removal card,
- Doppelganger can clone any creature in play which includes the summon effect of these creatures. Makes for some powerful combos that can win or turnaround the game,
- Namira’s Shrine can be part of powerful card draw engines (for more details, please see: Card Draw #9: Card Draw-Engines)
- Sly Marshblade, a reasonable option providing card draw in control decks (for more details, please see Card Draw #6: Card Draw Options in the Agility Attribute)
- Voice of Balance, a powerful Nord with a summon condition that can be met relatively consistently in carefully constructed decks,
- Ulfric’s Uprising an action with great synergy to creatures with powerful summon effects,
- Tullius’ Conscription, an action that has been absolutely archetype-defining for three-color House decks after the release of the Houses of Morrowind expansion
- Seht’s Masterwork
- Siege of Stros M’Kai
- Morokei, the Deathless
- Seht’s Masterwork reduces the cost of your card plays by 1 magicka,
- Morokei, the Deathless has a great summon ability that restores a rune and let’s you gain back 5 health and comes with great synergy to cards that re-summon him,
- Siege of Stros M’Kai plays directly a random creature, item, support and action from your deck. For a cost of 10 magicka, this is can be a very powerful effect, particularly if you have built your Singleton deck in a way that provides only few powerful actions, support and/ or items. It’s a card that encourages TESL players to look for great card combos with actions, support and/ or items.