The Madhouse Collection is the first set of promotional cards for The Elder Scrolls Legends. The card set was released by Bethesda in 2016, alongside the game mode Chaos Arena. The Madhouse Collection contains a set of 10 new cards (three copies each) and one arena ticket that can be purchased for $9.99 or 1500 gold. This is the list of cards:
- Altar of Despair
- Close Call
- Forsaken Champion
- Gardener of Swords
- Illusory Mimic
- Merchant’s Camel
- Ring of Imaginery Might
- Shivering Apothecary
- Stoneshard Orc
- Swindler’s Market
The following titles can be earned with the cards in the collection:
- The Director of Despair – Send 50 creatures to the Altar of Despair.
- The Genius Gardener – Cultivate 50 items with Gardener of Swords.
While some cards in this set see little play on the ladder, a few are key ingredients of special theme decks, which do see play. Examples:
- Swindler’s Market is the basis of the Market Assassin deck archetype,
- Gardener Of Swords provides the foundation of the famous Item Battlemage deck archetype,
- Merchant’s Camel is a great tool when you are looking for a particular card to help you out. Furthermore, it helps cycling through the deck and is oftentimes included into decks with Journey of Sovngarde or combo decks, to search for a particular piece of the combo.
- Altar of Despair is used in several “Altar”-archetypes.
If you are a new player, you can best acquire this set with in-game gold.