Isle of Madness is the third story expansion for The Elder Scrolls Legends. tesl.blog has collected all you need to know about Isle of Madness (IoM) here. You will find some general information, a detailed look at the new cards and mechanics as well as a deck building guide to complete IoM on master-level difficulty.
- General Information about the expansion
- The Official Trailer
- New Game Mechanic – Dual Cards
- New Lane Effects – Mania and Dementia
- Overview of all Cards by Color
- In-Depth Card Reviews of the 55 cards in Isle of Madness
(work in progress)
- Master Guides – A guide to complete Isle of Madness on Master Difficulty (work in progress)
- Overview of Isle of Madness Preview Cards from Festival of Madness
1. General Information
Isle of Madness was released on January 24, 2019. The set contains 55 new cards, a new set of story surrounding Sheogorath and the Shivering Isles, a new game board, new titles as well as new game mechanics and lane effects. The story expansion consists of three acts.
- You can purchase the individual acts of Isle of Madness for 1,000 Gold or $7.99 each.
- You can also purchase the Isle of Madness Triple Bundle containing all three acts and the Prince of Madness card back for the discounted price of $19.99.
- Should you own Act 1 and want to finish the story, you can also purchase the Isle of Madness Double Bundle, which includes Act 2 and Act 3 for $13.99.
- In addition, Isle of Madness was available as a pre-order version for $19.99. Here, buyers received all three acts of the story, along with a bonus Prince of Madness card back and the rare player title: “The Shivering.”
- Finally, Bethesda also offered a Premium Pre-Order for $49.99. The Premium Pre-Order featured all the content of the standard pre-order but with premium playsets of all 55 collectible cards instead. These all were available in the buyer’s Collection upon release of the expansion! The Premium Pre-Order also included a premium version of the Prince of Madness card back and an epic player title: “Master of Madness.”
2. The Official Isle of Madness Trailer
Here is the official trailer.
3. New Mechanics – Double Cards
Isle of Madness debuts a whole new mechanic that will have players seeing double. Enter the Double Card – a single card in your deck, that splits into two cards as you finish your draw. This is one of the biggest enhancements to The Elder Scrolls Legends game play since the initial release. All double Cards provide a tremendous amount of Card Advantage.
If you want to learn more about the new mechanic, check out the following article.
4. New Lane Conditions – Mania and Dementia
As players traverse the Isle of Madness, they will encounter all-new lane conditions that change up how they play their creatures. The Dementia Lane deals three damage to opponents if you control the most powerful creature, while the Mania Lane draws you a card for having the creature with the highest health.
Some cards within Isle of Madness can convert existing lanes into a Mania lane (e.g. Thadon, Duke of Mania) or into a Dementia lane (Syl, Duchess of Dementia), so keep a sharp mind and learn to master these new conditions so that the insanity consumes your opponents rather than you!
Note: Mania and Dementia are special lane rules that remain active even after the Duke or the Duchess leave play. Mania and Dementia are in addition to the Shadow Lane, i.e. creatures still benefit from the Cover in the Shadows. Mania and Dementia do, however, replace any other special lane rules (e.g. in Arena play mode).
5. Card List by Attribute
Isle of Madness - Cards by Attribute
|Red||1/1||Cloak & Dagger||Dual Card (Item & Item)||Common|
|Red||6||Syl, Duchess of Dementia||Creature||Legendary (Unique)|
|Blue||2||Luzrah gro-Shar||Creature||Legendary (Unique)|
|Blue||2||Pointy Wall of Spikes||Creature||Common|
|Blue||3/1||Manic Jack & Manic Mutation||Dual Card (Creature & Action)||Common|
|Blue||8||Seething Flesh Golem||Creature||Epic|
|Yellow||4||Blessing of the Grove||Action||Common|
|Yellow||4/2||Spawn Mother & Baliwog||Dual Card (Creature & Creature)||Common|
|Yellow||6||Thadon, Duke of Mania||Creature||Legendary (Unique)|
|Green||2/6||Felldew & Elytra Noble||Double Card (Action & Creature)||Common|
|Green||2||Lady Syl's Cruelty||Creature||Rare|
|Purple||2||Squish the Wimpy||Action||Rare|
|Purple||2||Wake the Dead||Action||Common|
|Purple||4/0||Baliwog Tidecrawlers & Smoked Baliwog Leg||Dual Card (Creature & Action)||Common|
|Purple||4||Knight of Order||Creature||Rare|
|Purple||5||The Gatekeeper||Creature||Legendary (Unique)|
|Neutral||1||Ring of Lordship||Item||Epic|
|Neutral||3||Fork of Horripilation||Item||Legendary (Unique)|
|Neutral||3||Gates of Madness||Support||Epic|
|Neutral||3/3||Manic Grummite & Demented Grummite||Dual Card (Creature & Creature)||Common|
|Sorcerer||4/5||Tavyar the Knight & Rayvat the Mage||Dual Card (Creature & Creature)||Legendary (Unique)|
6. In-Depth Card Reviews
Isle of Madness contains 55 new cards. The following articles provide an in-depth look at many of the new cards. Each card is evaluated by using Quadrant Theory. Click on any of the articles to learn more about uses of that particular card, it’s synergies with other cardss, and – where appropriate – some counterplays.
If you are missing a review particular card, please get in touch with us by using the comments below.
7. Master Difficulty Guides
We are in the process of creating walkthrough guides to complete the episodes of Isle of Madness on Master difficulty. The first article is available and more will be added over the next few days.
8. Isle of Madness Preview during Festival of Madness
A few Isle of Madness cards or card abilities have been previewed during the 2018 Festival of Madness. Bethesda released two promotional cards, that were available for purchase for real money on only a few days during December 2018. If you did not already get these two cards, do not worry! They can be crafted with Soul Gems now. The cards intended more for fun and are not really designed to be viable cards. They do have some specific uses and Bethesda employees have said that these cards will eventually become available again in a future deal. They have not yet provided more information on when this might be the case.
The following articles provide a comprehensive review of the Preview cards Madness Beckons and Cheesemancer. You can also read more about the commercials behind The Festival of Madness.