Mer vs. Deck, #2: Reconstruction Maps
Hello, and welcome back to Mer versus Deck, the challenge wherein you can win pack codes by winning games with a handcrafted terrible deck! My name is MerryWallofStorms (but you can just call me Merry).
In this competition, individuals take a specially designed deck, made to be impossible to pilot, into PvP modes to test their luck and win pack codes! Submit a video of your wins with the given deck to win pack codes! The rules are very simple:
- You must take the given list into a PvP mode. Unless I explicitly state you are allowed to, you must use the deck as given without any substitutions.
- For a win with the deck in casual, you will be awarded a 2-pack code. For a win with the deck in ranked, you will be awarded two 2-pack codes. You may only submit a single game per competition.
- Only the first 8 individuals to submit videos of their win with the deck will receive codes (so get those wins in asap!).
- If you win both a game in casual and a game in ranked, only submit the ranked game. Submit your video containing only the winning game to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions for the tournament will close 1 week after this article is posted to the reddit!
- Wins where the opponent DCs in a position where they would not otherwise have lost do not count as wins for the video submission, and will not be awarded pack codes. You know what I mean.
The Winners from Last Month
Earlier in the month, readers were challenged to win games with Monogreen Market Abomination. I would like to extend a warm congratulations to Marcratious, Dead Broke Nerd, Jethron, HighCritD20, and GunSlinger102 for your fantastic games! I hope you unpacked some premo legends from those packs. Below you’ll find the YouTube link for DeadBrokeNerd’s submission, where he so kindly played the deck on stream!
This Month’s Challenge Deck: Reconstruction Maps
This month’s challenge deck is a spellsword deck, leveraging two of the most underutilized cards in the game: Reconstruction Engine and Strategist’s Map. These supports both summon small creatures for you that get buffs from Fifth Legion Trainer, Halls of the Dwemer, and Watch Commander, some of my personal favorite cards!
Below, you will find a demonstration video.
Take a look!
Good luck to everyone participating! I can’t wait to review your submissions.