Moons of Elsweyr Titles – A Guide with Decklists
It is time to look at the Moons of Elsweyr titles. The good news for all of us title hunters out there: Moons of Elsweyr comes with two amazing hidden titles. These are The Ursurpator and The Shriven. This article provides a full overview of titles with decklists, tips and tricks to unlock each one of them.
The List of Moons of Elsweyr Titles
This is the full list of all titles newly introduced with the Moons of Elsweyr expansion.
- Ambitious Necromancer: Consume 200 Imbued Creatures.
- Bearer of the Wrathstone: Early Supporter of Moons of Elsweyr.
- The Wax/ Wane titles
- Follower of the Lattice: Summon 500 Creatures Waned.
- The Moon Bishop: Summon 500 Creatures Waxed.
- Moon Catcher: Activate the Moon Gates 100 times.
- Moon Chaser: Summon 200 Creatures Waxed or Waned.
- The Dragon Seeker: Summon 20 Dragons with the Halls of Colossus.
- The Firestarter: Deal 30 Damage with Flamespear Dragon’s ability.
- The Lich: Summon 2,000 Undead (also grants a special card back).
- The Moon-Blessed: Collect 100% of the Moons of Elsweyr Card Set.
- The Pocket Emptier: Pilfer 5 times in a turn.
- The Power Hungry: Consume 100 Creatures.
- The Quick-Clawed: Pilfer with Khajiit 100 times.
- The Rebel: Supporter of the Moons of Elsweyr.
- The Shriven: Showed that snivelling coward Cadwell the true face of evil.
- The Ursurper: Reenacted the Frostfall Coup.
1. Ambitious Necromancer
To unlock the title Ambitious Necromancer, you need to consume 200 imbued creatures. This title is a pretty long grind. Ideally, a 50 card control deck with 6 imbued and decent consume effects can get you a few steps to that goal across some 80-100 games.
Another great option is to combine your grind for Ambitious Necromancer with the grind for the title The Lich. Tuladanlos has worked on a cool Telvanni list that combines the two and created a great write-up on legends-decks.com.
2. Bearer of the Wrathstone – Moons of Elsweyr Pre-Order Title
The Bearer of the Wrathstone title was given to players who pre-ordered Moons of Elsweyr. The title can no longer be earned via other means.
3. The Wax/ Wane Titles in Moons of Elsweyr
There are four titles that are strongly related to the Wax/ Wane mechanic. To achieve all of them over time you can run a dedicated wax/ wane deck with the Moon Gate support card. The easiest to get is probably the Moon Chaser. For this title you need to summon 200 creatures waxed or waned.
A much longer grind is required to become a Follower of the Lattice or a Moon Bishop. For the first one you need to summon 500 creatures waned, for the second one 500 creatures waxed. For the fourth title relating to this mechanic, the Moon Chaser, you need to activate the Moon Gate support 100 times. All this can be done with a fun monk combo deck that leverages Rebellion General’s special ability.
4. The Dragon Seeker
To become Dragon Seeker, summon 20 Dragons with the Halls of Colossus. In other words, you need to run a control deck with Kaalgrontiid that has a rather reliable way to tutor him in order to get Halls of Colossus into play. You can then activate the support card three times in a game. A fun deck to grind this title is a Dragon Guildsworn or Redoran deck, that can also help with the next title, The Firstarter.
Here is Sav0s_Aren’s Dragon Rage Guildsworn.
And a fun Redoran deck by evanius99, also see his write-up on legends-decks.
5. The Firestarter
To unlock the title The Firestarter, you need to deal 30 damage with Flamespear Dragon’s ability. Any deck that runs the dragon will do the trick over time. Ideally you want Flamespear Dragon to survive a couple of turns. Here is a deck list by namelessonegwent who has piloted his Dragon Battlemage list to top #100 in early August 2019:
6. The Lich – Moons of Elsweyr Titles
To be given the privilege of bearing the title The Lich, you need to summon 2,000 Undead. Unlocking this title will also unlock the premium card back. Here are a few decklists that will help you to acquire the title as quickly as possible:
- Seasparrow’s Undead Sorcerer has won the Blood Warriors Guild weekly competition to build a deck dedicated to winning the Lich title. It has many surprises for your opponent’s and is a lot of fun. Here is a full write-up: Unlocking the Lich title with Seasparrow’s Undead Sorcerer (BWG Weekly deck). Deck code: SPAHiBblwQvZvLrVtDACwrosANvJbDemcmovoMoOlqaCedhUhNlI
- The Lich, a Spellsword deck by Wildwolf takes the same approach to the Spellsword class. The deck runs Euraxia Tharn, which can never hurt in Spellsword these days (see hidden title Ursurpator Queen).Deck code: SPAFgOcdwblxtDAGempefBoslwlIALwPbDovlqedhUcnmZhNlYcm
- They are billions, a Sorcerer deck by Daghter that he took to top 50 legend. Check out his write-up on legends-decks.com as well. Deck code:
7. The Moon-Blessed
The title The Moon-Blessed is awarded when you complete your collection of Moons of Elsweyr cards. You basically need one copy of each MoE card. When unlocking this title, you will also get the Baandari card back. No decklist required here…
8. The Pocket Emptier
To become officially known as the emptier of that one’s pockets, this one needs to pilfer 5 times in a turn. Cards like Thieves’ Den and Rimmen Siege Weapons with a deck of Khajiit (that pilfer) will make this one happy.
9. The Power Hungry
To unlock the title The Power Hungry you need to consume 100 creatures. This is also one of the easier Moons of Elsweyr titles to acquire. You can use
- the pre-made deck Zumog Phoom’s Ambition, available for 1,000 gold in the store,
- the Consume Lich King Telvanni mentioned in section 1,
- JollyJoes Mid-range Consume Sorcerer that he took to top 50 legend. Deck code:
10. The Quick-Clawed
The Quick-Clawed pilfers with Khajiit 100 times. You can easily achieve this with ladder decks like pilfer monk. Here are some decklists:
- Khajiit Pilfer, a monk deck by cuddlebearpotato that leverages Thieves’ Den to make even those Khajiit without pilfer pilfer. Pilfer, pilfer, pilfer… Deck code:
- Pilfer Aggro Monk, a popular ladder deck by Gregoire. Deck code:
11. The Rebel – Moons of Elsweyr Titles
To unlock the title The Rebel you simply need to buy the Moons of Elsweyr starter pack and support the game. Not a must-have but if you like the game, these few bucks are almost a no-brainer.
12. The Ursurpator – Hidden Title
The Elder Scrolls Lore: The Ursurpator Queen Euraxia Tharn
Euraxia Tharn conquered Northern Elsweyr and the city of Rimmen during the Frostfall Coup. This made her known as the Ursurpator Queen. To protect herself from an uprising of a rebellion, she held the city hostage by using the city’s own Siege Weapons pointing inwards. She would kill all the Khajiit in the city if the city was attacked. You can now reenact this coup from The Elder Scrolls: Elsweyr in TES: Legends.
Unlocking The Ursurpator
To earn the Moons of Elsweyr title The Ursurpator, you need to steal your opponent’s Rimmen Siege Weapons with Euraxia Tharn. This can be achieved by running a Spellsword, Empire or Tribunal control deck in casual or on the ladder, although you will depend on your opponent playing a deck with the Siege Weapon (usually a Crusader or House Hlaalu deck). This can cause a pretty lengthy grind, thus Smaxx has suggested a great way to unlock this title a little bit more reliably, although there is still a lot of luck involved…
Let fate decide…
His idea is to play a House Dagoth against an AI opponent in story mode on an uncompleted missions . House Dagoth? Wait, how will you put Euraxia Tharn in a Dagoth deck? Well, you don’t. His idea is basically to give a copy of Rimmen Siege Weapons to your opponent using Barter. Once the AI plays it, use Desperate Conjuring or Barilzar’s Tinkering to transform one of your own 7-cost or 8-cost creatures into a random 9-cost. Your odds to get Euraxia from this are 1:13. Once you find her, you can just use her summon ability to steal the Siege Weapons.
Smaxx’ deck also runs Brilliant Experiment or Dark Rebirth in case you get Euraxia Tharn early, with your opponent not having the Siege Weapons in play yet. This way, you can re-trigger her summon effect nicely. Smaxx suggests to use the mission The Baron from Isle of Madness, since both players start with a Mushroom Tower, allowing you to play your actions twice.
The following video shows the deck in action.
13. Moons of Elsweyr – Hidden Title: The Shriven
The Elder Scrolls Lore: Zumog Phoom and Cadwell the Soul-Shriven
The orc Zumog Phoom is Euraxia Tharn’s chief necromancer and strategist. Zumog resurrected the resurrected Cadwell the Betrayer as his familiar and confident. First, as floating head, and later (after finding the other body parts) as a full body. During his life time, Cadwell, who is known as the Soul-Shriven Sir Cadwell of Cadswallop helped Khunzar-ri and his kra’jun seal Kaalgrontiid and his dragons away in the Halls of Colossus.
Unlocking The Shriven
To earn the title The Shriven in Legends, you will need to target Cadwell The Shriven with Zumog Phoom and get Cadwell killed and re-summoned by Zumog Phoom’s special ability. This title is not as difficult to achieve as The Ursurpator, because you do not rely on your opponent. You may therefore attempt this missions in casual mode with a dedicated decklist that does not care too much about winning, but is tailored to get you the title.
tesl.blog has created a scout deck, that can easily win you the title. You compete for the board with creatures that draw additional cards. Simply trade as favorably as you can and cycle through your deck pretty fast. You only need to get Zumog Phoom and the double card Cadwell the Soul Shriven/ Cadwell the Betrayer to hand.
Then, you first play Cadwell the Soul Shriven followed by Zumog Phoom who targets Cadwell. You then only need to get Cadwell killed while Zumog Phoom is still in play. This can be done by playing them with two additional creatures to shadow lane and playing another creature over Cadwell to betray him. Alternatively, break a rune to allow Cadwell to attack another creature of your opponent.
We hope this guide will help you to unlock the Moons of Elsweyr titles before the next expansion drops. It’s not long, so let’s get grinding today. Maybe check the titles that you still need and refer to our other Title Hunter Guides: