Several cards in The Elder Scrolls Legends are related to specific races. There are cards, providing specific effects based upon the race of the creature. To illustrate this, we can look at the “Animal” race (which is actually a group of races). The following cards are a few examples for synergies:
The distribution of races by attributes is important information for deck building. The following provides an overview of this distribution, and has originally been collated by tspark868, who posted this on reddit. I have updated it now, so it would reflect the latest card releases. I have added a column for primary and secondary Attributes, Primary Attributes means that a lot cards of that Race are available in the Attribute(s), whereas Secondary Attributes indicate that a few, but not many cards of that race are available in the corresponding attribute(s).
- S-Strength (Red)
- A-Agility (Green)
- I-Intelligence (Blue)
- W-Willpower (Yellow)
- E-Endurance (Purple)
- N-Neutral (Grey)
Races and their Attributes
|Race||Primary Attributes (many cards)||Matching Class||Secondary Attributes (few cards)|
|Wood Elf||S A||Archer||I W N|
|Redguard||S I||Battlemage||A E|
|Nord||S W||Crusader||I A E N|
|Dark Elf||A I||Assassin||S W E|
|High Elf||I W||Mage||None|
Races occuring in multiple Attributes
|Animal||S A W E N|
|Ash creature||S A I|
|Daedra||S A I W E N|
|Lycanthrope||S A E|
|Dragon||S A I W E N|
|Undead||I E N
Attributes and their Races
|Attributes||Primary Races||Other races in this color and others||Races only in this color|
|Strength||Orc, Nord, Redguard, Wood Elf||Animal, Ash Creature, Daedra, Dark Elf, Dragon, Fabricant, Giant, Lurcher, Lycanthrope, Skeever||Imp, Minotaur, Ogre.|
|Intelligence||Dark Elf, High Elf, Breton, Redguard||Argonian, Ash Creature, Fabricant, Imperial, Khajiit, Nord, Orc, Undead, Wood Elf, Wraith||Harpy, Nereid, Wamasu|
|Willpower||Imperial, Khajiit, High Elf, Nord||Animal, Daedra, Dark Elf, Defense, Fabricant, Wood Elf||Wolf, Mantikora, Kwama|
|Agility||Argonian, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Khajiit||Animal, Daedra, Fabricant, Lurcher, Lycanthrope, Nord, Redguard||Goblin, Spriggan, Chaurus, Centaur|
|Endurance||Orc, Argonian, Breton, Imperial||Animal, Daedra, Dark Elf, Dragon, Fabricant, Giant, Lycanthrope, Nord, Redguard, Undead, Wraith||Troll, Mammoth|
|Neutral||Dwemer, Factotum||Animal, Defense, Dragon, Nord, Skeever, Wood Elf||Dreugh, Fish, Reachman|
List of cards with Race Synergy
If you want to play a certain race, the following cards provide synergetic effects with the race, e.g. special buffs:
List of cards with Race Synergy
|Race||Special Synergy Cards (Attribute, Unique = U)|
|Wood Elf||Wood Elves are famous for their ping (=1) damage that they cause when summoned to one/all creatures in a lane.
- Camoran Scout Leader (A): Summon a 2/2 Wood Elf Scout with Charge in each lane with a Wounded enemy creature.
- Fallinesti Reaver (Archer): Destroy all Wounded enemy creatures in this lane
|Redguard||Redguards benefit from items.
- Merric-at-Aswala (Battlemage, U): Equip each friendly creature in this lane with a random item.
- Forsworn Looter (N): Pilfer: Draw a random item from your deck with cost equal to Forsworn Looter's power.
|Nord||- Ulfric Stormcloak (S, U): When you play a Shout, draw a random Nord from your deck.
Note: Greybeard Mentor (N) is a Nord, that draws a random Shout from your deck!
|Orc||- Orc Clan Shaman (S): Other friendly Orcs in this lane have Breakthrough
- Stoneshand Orc (S): Deal 1 damage to an enemy creature for each friendly Orc.
- Bangkorai Butcher (S): +2/+2 if you have another Orc
- Wood Orc Headhunter (S): Gains Charge if you have another Orc.
- Steelheart Vanquisher (E): Slay: Give friendly Orcs +1/+1
- Wrothgar Kingpin (E): Gains +1/1, when you summon another Orc
- Chieftain's Banner (E): Friendly Orcs have +0/+2
- Militant Chieftain (Warrior): Summon: Draw a random Orc from your discard pile. Other friendly Orcs have +1/+1
- Gortwog gro-Nagorm (Warrior, U): At the start of your turn summon a random creature from your deck to a random lane (Note: this does not only affect Orcs but also Orcs).
|Dark Elf||Dark Elves are individually very strong cards and do not required much race synergy.|
|Kahjiit||As many Khajiit bear the Pilfer attribute, the following cards, interacting with Pilfer should be considered:
- Brynjolf (A, U): Drain. When a friendly creature Pilfers or Drains, gain 1 magicka this turn.
|Argonian||No particular synergy between Argonians, but very powerful keywords, magicka manipulation, card draw and cost reduction.|
|High Elf||- Thalmor Embassy (I): High Elves cost 1 less.|
|Breton||Guard and Ward creatures are very strong in combat.
- High King Emeric (Sorcerer, U) deals 2 damage for each creature with a Ward.
|Imperial||Imperials are the basis for so-called "token" decks, i.e. they come seldom alone, but in "hords"
- Legate Rikke (W, U): When you summon an Imperial, summon a 1/1 Imperial Grunt in the other lane.
- Hero of Anvil (W): Hero of Anvil costs one less for each creature summoned this turn.
- Imperial Siege Engine (W): Summon: +1/+1 for each other friendly creature
- Legion Praefect (W): Summon: Give other friendly creatures +1/+1
- and many more
|Dragon||Most effects occur when a dragon is summoned:
- Blades Lookout (S): Card draw
- Ghost Sea Lookout (I): Gains ward
- Dragon's Fury (I): Deals 3 extra damage for each friendly dragon
- Cliffside Lookout (W): Gains +1/ +1
- Devour: Destroys a creature with 4 power or less and gives its keywords to a random dragon in hand
- Woodland Lookout (A): Gain 4 health
- Ancient Lookout (E): Summons a Draugr Sentry with Guard
- Dragonplate Armor (E): +2/+2 if Dragon in discard pile
- Innkeeper Delphine (E,U): After playing a dragon, Innkeeper Delphine turns into Grandmaster Delphine
- Midnight Snack (N): Last Gasp: Reduce cost of a dragon in hand by 1
- Dragon Mound (N, U): Transform all cards in deck to dragons. Dragons cost 1 less.
-Alduin (N, U): Costs 2 less for each dragon in discard pile. Summons a dragon from discard pile at start of turn
|Animals||- Eldergleam Matron (A) puts a random Animal into your hand.
- Guar Stablemaster (A) gets +1/ +1 and Guard if you have an Animal.
- Wild Beastcaller (A) summons a random Animal.
- Shadowgreen Elder (A) gives other friendly Spriggans and Animals +2/+2 when summoned.